Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Purpose of this Blog

My Reasons

I want to thank each of you for reading this blog and it appears to be gaining momentum.  I hope that this is all being done for the Glory of God and is what he wants done.

My reasons are very simple - I think we are systematically, as a country, turning our backs to God.  In the early days of prosperity, I think this nation faced God, and now we appear to be okay as Christians that He can be removed from the country.

But let me set the record straight on how my simple mind sees things.  I am not one to believe that this turning away from God brought us Hurricane Katrina, nor do I believe that my God punishes.  I know there is a lot of that in the old testament where the Israel nation was punished (or written so) for turning their back on God for not following his desires.

I am a Christian who is a practicing Catholic.  I was born and raised a Baptist so I do have my mixed emotions on what is real sometimes.   As a young boy, my Minister would tell us kids we would go to hell if we walked on the side of the road as the Catholic Church.  I was lead to believe they worshiped Mary and were not Christians.  

How do we get to such nonsense as Christians?

So I do have a belief that I think is simple and I am sure many will argue with it - God is not setting up there punishing me or us for what we do.  I have been taught by Jesus my Lord and Savior that God is a loving and forgiving God.  This is what separates us from the Jews and Islam.  This is why I asked for us to take the Disciple's pledge - as Christians we walk a different path and worship God differently with a different set of eyes.

So if you are one who thinks God is going to punish because of what we do - I think you need to think again.  If you believe we have catastrophic events and want to blame God, you need to think again.

So then what can it be - I think he will be displeased and if our face is not turned to him, how can he have his faced turned to us?  Simple, he will not punish but I do think we will not receive many rewards either.

It is never too late, if we repent, he will forgive.

My reasons are for us once again to be a thankful nation, it is in my blood to care about this country, and I think we Christians are asked to challenge the Politically correct - just as Jesus did.

Thankful Attitude

So one of my reasons is for this nation to understand the people who settled it and the founders of our great constitution.  These people believed in God and the value of what he meant to this country.  I have covered this topic in my first post - Giving Thanks to God.  Thanksgiving Day was a national holiday to give thanks to God.  Seems to me if the leaders of the nation were not Christians - they would not have established this day after any special events that impacted the United States.

If our Founding Fathers were Christian, then why is the separation of Church and State such a big deal.  What could they have meant by their decision.  It surely was not to remove God from this great nation. We will explore this from a factual based approach - not me just stamping my feet.

For many years this country was a nation under God, if you think not let's look at a couple of recent events that have happened in my life.  In 1957, just 4 years after I was born, our Congress passed the law that all money would be marked as God We Trust.  Really, just a mere 54 years ago, the leaders of this country still felt we should mark our money as We Trusted God.  What has happened in those 54 years.

Shortly after that, a man (John F. Kennedy) ran for President and people were afraid or those opposed him were willing to point out he was a Catholic.  Could you imagine the world being afraid of a Catholic as president.  Why was that, we will explore the reason in detail and it stems from the 102 people that are considered to be our founders.

In many cases, we should be thankful for the progress we have made as a young country.  There are many black eyes we can discuss as a young country, like slavery, but there are many very positive things we have accomplished as a country all in the name of God.  We should be thankful he has helped us along this far and has stayed by our side.

Christian Patriotism is in my Blood

My Mother and Father were both Christians.  As I mentioned, I was raised a Baptist and a Christian.  I was also raised by a father who loved this country and believed in the American Dream along with the fact we owed it our service and we should do our part to support the United States.  Now that does not seem like much; however, you should understand my Father just a little bit to see how people felt many years ago.

As a young boy growing up in the Depression, he came home one night after school and was told by his parents they could no longer afford to pay for his food.  Therefore, he was old enough to go out on his own and make his own living.  He was shipped off to the farmer down the road and worked for room and board.  His room was the hay loft in the barn - not even a room in the house.  He did get food from the family but did not go to school.  None of this appears too daunting - until you realize he was just starting the 8th grade. 

When he was old enough, he joined the CC Camps, working for the Government to build things to live in a tent and get some food.  He joined the Army and went off to be a WWII Veteran.  The sad news for me is I lived in the house with a WWII Veteran and did not even appreciate it.

After returning from the military, he bought a farm and started to grow the business.  He added animals (hogs and cows) to the field crop.  As he was feeding his live stock, he thought, why should I pay the other guy, I should get into distributing feed and I should do the same thing with seed corn.  For an individual with no 8th grade education, he was putting some things together.

Life was not that good to him and he lost the farm due to pig pots.  He did not give up, he moved the family to town and both my Mom and him took on jobs - he took on two jobs.  As a poor young boy growing up in Iowa, I quickly learned from my family that God was Good all the Time, All the Time God is Good, you live in the greatest nation in the world, and we owe it to the next generation to make it better in all aspects.

He never complained, he never asked why, he went to church every Sunday and he loved God. He did not think anyone owed him a house, money, or anything free.  He believed he could do anything he wanted and that was the dream.  Surprising thing - he was a Democrat through and through.  

To Challenge the Political Incorrect

Being a Christian I am not allowed to judge and I will not judge.  Mine is not to say one thing is good while another thing is bad.  Mine is not to say because you do bad things you are a bad person.  Mine is simple on this topic and that is I do think we should approach these challenging issues our country faces and we should see them through God's eyes as Christians.

We will try not to be opinionated in this aspect of the blog but it will come out - hopefully accidentally.

I AM JUST LOOKING TO DO MY PART TO KEEP US FACING GOD AND MAYBE WE CAN DO THIS:

ONE PERSON AT A TIME
ONE CHRISTIAN AT A TIME
ONE PATRIOT AT A TIME

God grant us all the ability to understand the value to have brought to this nation and how you have helped us be the greatest nation on earth.  Please give us the ability to open our eyes to the truth.

Bob,

No comments:

Post a Comment